Saturday, July 21, 2012

What we were doing this week-

This week we spent a lot of time with friends which was wonderful. I also spent time looking over the curriculum plans for the year and figuring out our co-op classes for the fall. We will probably be starting school the last week of August since Joey has a week long vacation right before that.





One thing is that we are learning the states and capitals from this song by the Animaniacs. Mostly I am learning it but I figure if I can sing it, that's the first step to everyone else picking it up. After this I hope to learn the Presidents in order song by the Animaniacs and someday even the Nations song by them too, though it looks pretty impossible!

For the record I can now sing 14 states, the first 1/4th of the song.

Also this week we went to Story Hour again. This weeks theme was Fire Safety. We went to this one last year, you meet a fireman and they dress completely out in their fire gear so the kids will know not to be scared of them if they ever come to help. We also got to see the Fire truck up close again and the kids crawled in. I have to remind myself that I should keep doing this every year even though if it gets old to me, because it is still new to my littlest ones.

Photos to follow-



Linus got to practice trying to crawl in an indoor playground...  with an audience







A photo of our home/school while it was clean for a brief time this week-



Caught three in one photo which is hard to do sometimes




Have a great weekend! I will be adding more info soon 
about something I am designing specially for home-schoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment